Same-Day Dental Crowns FAQs
Dental Crowns Specialist in Renton & Issaquah, WA
CEREC is the latest in single day crown replacement technology and enables patients to receive a custom-fitted tooth in only a few hours!
Q. How Do CEREC Same-Day Crowns Work?
CEREC same-day dental crowns use CAD/CAM technology (computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing) to create crowns in only a few hours. First, we use a special camera to take an accurate picture of the damaged tooth which is then transferred and displayed on a color computer screen. Next we use CAD technology to design the restoration while you wait. Once the restoration is designed we bond the new crown to the surface of the old tooth. And this entire process takes only 1 hour!
Q. What is the Benefit of a CEREC Same-Day Crown Over Traditional Crowns?
- CEREC technology eliminates the need for multiple visits to the dentist office to get your permanent dental crown
- Saves you lots of time as same-day crowns with CEREC take about 1 hour
- No temporary crown – you get your permanent crown in your first visit
- CEREC dental crowns are created from a thick, durable block of porcelain that is able to withstand wear and tear
- Natural-looking crown that matches your other teeth
Q. Why Would I Need a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns serve a functional and aesthetic purpose. From a functional perspective, dental crowns help protect a natural tooth that is flawed such as being chipped. Dental crowns are natural-looking and match the appearance of your other teeth so it blends in effortlessly to give you a flawless smile.
Dental crowns are most commonly needed due to:
- a decayed tooth
- a broken tooth
- severe discoloration of a tooth
- a chipped tooth
- a tooth isn’t long enough and/or looks different than the surrounding teeth
- cover a dental implant
Q. How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Most dental crowns can last anywhere from 5-15 years. Many crowns end up needing replaced due to a cavity forming underneath the crown. To increase the longevity of a dental crown it is best to practice good oral care such as brushing and flossing twice per day and getting two regular dental check-ups and teeth cleanings per year.
Q. Are Dental Crowns Covered by Insurance?
Dental crowns are typically covered because the procedure is necessary to maintain good dental health, such as a supporting a weak tooth or repairing a cracked tooth. But dental insurances and policies can vary so it is best to call your dental insurance provider to find out if your dental plan covers the full or partial cost of dental crowns.
Q. What are the Benefits to Dental Crowns?
- Replaces missing teeth
- Offers support to misshapen teeth or badly broken teeth
- Looks completely natural
- Fixes “smile” and functional chewing problems
If you have additional questions about dental crowns please give our Issaquah or Renton dental office a call. We are happy to answer your questions and get your appointment scheduled.
Dr. Scoles is a master trainer for CEREC technology. A technique that allows dentists to make crowns in a single office visit.