Conscious Oral Sedation Dentistry in Issaquah & Renton
Experts at Painfree, Relaxing Dental Care
Issaquah & Renton Dental Practice
Does the thought of having your teeth cleaned make your body tense with fear? Are you more likely to endure a painful toothache rather than visit a dentist?
Conscious oral sedation dentistry can make your dental treatments comfortable, relaxing and painfree. Let us take away your dental anxiety.
Conscious sedation via nitrous oxide or oral sedatives is a great way to make dental appointments more enjoyable for someone who is apprehensive or has a fear of receiving dental treatment. Conscious sedation has the benefit of being able to take a pill instead of receiving the medicine through an IV. You will be awake, but very sleepy. The effects wear off in a few hours, and the medicine has an amnesic effect, you won’t have much recollection of your appointment!
Benefits of Oral Sedation for Dental Treatments
- No IV – just a small easy-to-swallow pill
- Shorter treatment time – we are able to get more done in one visit
- Jaw pain relief – if you experience jaw pain during your dental treatments, sedation dentistry can alleviate this pain
- Reduce dental treatment anxiety – you’ll discover that you actually can relax and enjoy your dental visit
Who Can Benefit from Conscious Sedation?
- Do you have a fear of visiting the dentist?
- Would you rather chew off your own arm than visit a dentist for your regular teeth cleaning?
- Have you had traumatic dental experiences?
- Are you prone to gagging?
- Do you have sensitive teeth?
- Do you have difficulty getting numb?
- Do you need complex dental treatments that require lenghthy appointments?
If you answered yes to any of these, then you should consider conscious oral sedation dentistry for your dental treatments.
Are There Any Side Effects? How Long Do the Effects Last?
Nitrous oxide, commonly called laughing gas, is used on patients of all ages and has very few side effects. Nitrous oxide is mixed with oxygen and inhaled through a small mask. The effects of nitrous oxide wear off almost immediately after the mask is removed.
Fully Trained Team in Conscious Sedation Dental Care
All of our doctors are trained in conscious sedation and maintain the state required levels of continuing education to provide the safest environment for our patients.
Call today to schedule your appointment at one of our convenient dental practices: